Recommended Hardware & Software
- We recommend using Linux or MacOS
- A wallet with the WAN you wish to stake + a small amount of WAN for service fees.
- You may use a cloud server such as AWS or run on bare metal. See our AWS getting started guide for more information.
- If using AWS, we recommend AWS m4.xlarge with the following configuration
- CPU: 4
- Disk 256G
For manual setup you also need:
- Install Golang from https://golang.org/ and set GO environment variables
$GOROOTif you want to build from source code.
To get the most recent GWAN code from github：
$ mkdir -p $GOPATH/src/github.com/wanchain/
$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/wanchain/
$ git clone https://github.com/wanchain/go-wanchain.git
$ cd go-wanchain
$ git checkout develop
$ git pull
GWAN is compiled in this directory：build/bin/gwan